Lets back up a few months. Actually, almost a year. (Time does fly… jeeesus!)
I found out I have a weird and terrible problem. This innate sense that everyone needs to like me. Thinks good of me. More than anything else. And if you really think about it, you’ll understand how serious this gets. It means I never said ‘No’ to anyone. It means I almost always went out of my way to do and manage things for anyone and everyone else. It means I was way more accepting and forgiving to things than I should have been.
So I made a few rules. And I decided to live by them. And they all kind of compliment each other, if you notice carefully.
1. Keep it simple. You don’t like it, dont indulge yourself or anyone. You like to eat, eat! You don’t like being room-mates, just move out. Don’t waste moments calculating.
2. Say it. If you like it, say it. If you don’t, say it. If you feel sad, say it. If you feel angry, say it but a little peacefully.
3. Accept it. Be true to yourself. And be true to everyone around you. Don’t run away or leave things for another day. Confront what scares you. And accept that it scares you. And don’t be afraid to say something scares you.
4. Make time. Make time for family, make time for friends, and make time for work. In that order only. Yes sometimes you will get in trouble. But the regret will be way lesser than the happiness. But… also… make time for yourself. Sometimes a couple of beers on the roof, alone, are the best 45 minutes of the week. Even tea/coffee works, if you’re messed up.
5. Lastly. Live today, and plan tomorrow. Everyone plans. And everyone cribs. Who all live in the moment? If you know any single person like that, do you see them cribbing? Or do they make a laughing story out of situations, over a couple of drinks? Plans and emi’s will always get sorted, but this moment that just went by, was a wasted opportunity. How many are you ready to waste?
I do believe I’m more honest and happy now than ever before. I feel it from Monday through Sunday.
C2C - Down the Road
Whats life without Imagination? turned 1 today!